Friday, 15 Nov 2019
- Early morning we said our goodbyes to the owners of Ogyen Choling Manor and thanked them for a wonderful time.
- Briefly visited Tang Rimochen Lhakhang
- Quick stop to watch local archery competition
- We returned to Jakar and continued to Chume valley to attend the last day of Prakhar Tsechu (A festival of mask dances and religious performances depicting the rich cultural heritage of Bhutan. Prakhar Tsechu is small and intimate where ornate masked dancers and beautifully – dressed local people mingle with visitors. The dances are considered one of the best in Bhutan and are performed by the monks of Nimalung Monastery.
- Picnic lunch near festival
- Evening return to Jakar
*** Check out the Mask Dance Video below (bottom of page) ***
Photo Highlights from our 9th day in Bhutan (Fri, 15 Nov):
YouTube Video – Bhutan | Prakhar Tshechu Festival 2019 | Ging and Tsholing Mask Dance