Thursday, 14 Nov 2019
- Today was a leisure day in Tang valley
- Early morning – Kanchana and I had a walk about in the local village where we were welcomed into a home where a buddhist ceremony was being performed (by local monk). A couple members of the family were making homemade clay figurines (used to make merit offerings).
- Mid morning we raised prayer flags in a ceremony of loving kindness, peace, compassion, and wisdom (at Ogyen Choling Manor).
- Later in the morning, Kanchana and I took off for a trek through some local farm land. We had perfect weather highlighting the beautiful countryside in Tang valley – truly amazing!
- Right before lunch we watched one of our guides (Tashi) perform a few of the Bhutanese ceremonial dances
- Lunch at Ogyen Choling Manor
- After lunch we visit the Ogyencholing Museum
- Afternoon we listened to a lecture (and Q&A) by Mrs. Kunzang Choden – a Bhutanese writer and one of the owners of Ugyencholing mansion. She is the first Bhutanese woman to write a novel in English. Choden was born in Tang. Her parents were feudal landlords.
- Dinner at Ogyen Choling Manor
Photo Highlights from our 8th day in Bhutan (Thu, 14 Nov):