Monday, 11 Nov 2019
- Drive from Punakha to Gangtey (3 hour)
- Stop off at tea house
- Cross over 10,700-foot-high Lawa La Pass
- Picnic lunch near 17th century Gangtey Monastery
- Took short trek through Gangtey Nature Trail (1½ hours), which leads downhill from Gangtey Monastery to the Khewang Lhakhang (temple). The trail descends to Semchubara village and drops down right at the chorten (stupa) into the edge of the forest, along the side of Phobjikha valley, ideal for spotting the cranes.
- Visited the Crane Information Centre of the Royal Society for Protection of Nature (RSPN), which has informative displays about the black-necked cranes and the valley environment.
- Wangchuk Dem’s Farm Stay, Gangtey
Photo Highlights from our 5th day in Bhutan (Mon, 11 Nov):