Saturday 16 – Sunday 17 Nov 2019
Day 10 – Saturday 16th Activities:
- We said good-bye to Bumthang and drove to Punakha, via Trongsa. We retraced the main road back, stopping along the way to take a few pictures that we missed from our earlier journey to central Bhutan. (with random pictures along the way)
- We drove up on a family of large Grey Langur Monkeys (not the best pictures)
- Included a few roadway pictures (rock cuts, etc.)
- Checked into our hotel: Four Boutique, Punakha (very nice hotel!)
- Drove from Punakha back to Paro.
- Visited a local crafts market (Thimphu)
- Visited a local book store (Thimphu)
- Had Lunch in (Thimphu)
- Had a very nice visit with Dr. Sangay Thinley (former Health Secretary for Bhutan – now retired) and his wife Ugen Doma at their beautiful homestay in Thimphu. Our group along with Sangay and Ugen had a wonderful Q&A discussion about all health related topics in Bhutan (covering the past through the present).
- We continued on to Paro where we checked into our hotel Janka Resort